Support is available from Salford City Council during coronavirus
If you need to self-isolate for any length of time, do you have anyone that can help you with day to day tasks? This can be a member of your family, a neighbour or a friend.
Or do you need help with:
- Food Shopping
- Getting Essential Medication
- Getting Fuel (if you are on a pre-paid meter for gas or electric)
- Looking After Pets
Or are you a carer that needs help or advice?
If you answer yes to any of the above and you would like to speak to someone, call our Spirit of Salford Helpline on 0800 952 1000, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm, Saturday, 9am to 1pm.
Are you worried about keeping yourself safe from thoughts of suicide or self-harm?
- If you are already known to a Salford community mental health team, or you have a care co-ordinator (for example a Community Psychiatric Nurse) please ring the Greater Manchester Mental Health telephone line on 01204 483071.
- Salford residents can call the Samaritans (Freephone) 116 123
- SHOUT Crisis Text Support (open to all Salford residents). Text GMSalford to 85258 or visit the .
- If there is an Immediate risk of harm to yourself or others please go directly to Accident and Emergency at your local hospital.
A new Stay In Touch service up and running! Staying at home shouldn't mean feeling lonely, so if you, or someone you know, could do with having a regular chat with someone let us know.
For the latest Coronavirus information and full list of services available visit their website at
Join their Facebook Group at